Thank you for your interest in The Palmetto Club!
The Palmetto Club is a member owned social and dining city club. The Palmetto Club and The Summit Club, both downtown business clubs, merged operations in 2010, and combined are able to offer Columbia the highest level of personalized service and food quality, along with providing families, business associates, and friends with a convenient and unbeatable venue.
Membership at The Palmetto Club is an exclusive opportunity that adds value to your downtown experience. As a member of The Club you will enjoy full usage of the dining facilities, private rooms, and business meeting and banquet rooms which can accommodate 2 to 300 people. The Palmetto Club offers various Member functions to enjoy, including wine tastings, Lobster Night dinners, Whiskey tastings, holiday events, and networking groups. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served throughout the week along with special Sunday brunches. In addition, a privilege of Membership includes access to over 200 reciprocal clubs worldwide including city, country, and athletic clubs, many with overnight accommodations.
If you are interested in Membership, please contact Cara Hardy, Membership Director, at (803) 771-8767 extension #22 or you may email her at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Membership Features & Benefits
- Facility - The Palmetto Club is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Columbia at the corner of Lady Street and Sumter Street. Our facility was completely renovated in November of 2012 and features a variety of private rooms, the Grand Ballroom, and our contemporary Tap Room.
- Private Rooms - The Club offers ten private rooms that Members may use for business or personal meetings. Most rooms are AV equipped and can be the perfect setting for various occasions. Our Director of Catering, Windy Tidwell, can help plan your next event from a small party of 15 up to 300 guests.
- The Palmetto Room - Lunch is served daily in The Palmetto Room from 11:30a.m.-2:00p.m. Monday-Friday. Members may choose from two specials or the a la carte menu featuring our homemade soups. Special dinner events such as wine dinners, lobster nights, and family gatherings are hosted throughout the year in The Palmetto Room.
- The Tap Room - The Tap Room is The Palmetto Club’s casual bar and restaurant. While a coat and tie are appropriate in other areas of the Club, the Tap Room welcomes you in your more casual dress. The perfect way to start your day is at the breakfast buffet on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week from 7:30-9:00a.m. for only $5 per person. Lunch and dinner are also served in the Tap Room and our drink menu offers craft beers as well as refreshing seasonal cocktails. Members also enjoy wine and spirits tastings with local wine representatives. The Tap Room provides the perfect atmosphere for socializing and networking with your peers, clients and co-workers. We invite our Members to join us for Member Appreciation Happy Hour each Wednesday from 5:00-6:30p.m.
- Reciprocal Arrangements with Local and National Clubs - Members have the opportunity to take advantage of reciprocal privileges at over 180 private city and country clubs located throughout the country for either business or pleasure. Several local clubs around the Midlands offer golf, swimming, and more.
- Fresh, Authentic Cuisine - Our Executive Chef, Jason Palmer, and his staff use fresh food for all events. Chef Jason plans the menu daily to ensure our members receive the best quality and we regularly rotate our dinner menu items in order to offer the best each season has to offer!
- Family Events - The Palmetto Club Members can bring in their families to special events such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Christmas events, Speaker Series, and much more. The annual Santa Brunch is among one of the Club’s biggest traditions enjoyed by our members.
- Prestigious History - The Palmetto Club has been an upscale Club in Columbia for over 50 years. It is well-known in the community as a club with a distinguished Membership. The Club opened its doors in May of 1961 and has continued to build on its legacy and tradition.